Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Mixed Vegetable Kababs

Hello, I know its been a loooooooooooooong time I blogged a recipe. Got busy with the little one and the job. But passion of trying new recipes dragged me back to my blogging. So happy to be here. My son's school is going open in a month school and I am bookmarking dozens of new recipes to pack for lunch. Here are some of the ideas I took from various bloggers who have tons of ideas about vegetarian lunch ideas for kids from toddler age. I was so happy that I was able to try few of them and turned out really good (I had empty boxes in the sink to have 100% proof). One of the recipe that was instant hit was Mixed vegetable kababs. There are lot of versions of vegetable kababs. I took little from all the recipes and made my own with my own choice of vegetables. Ingredients: Spinach-1 full cup Totakura(Amarnath leaves)- 1/3 cup Menthi Kura(Methi)- 1/4 cup Potatoes-2 medium size boiled Onion- 1 small finely chopped Tomato-1 finely chopped Green Chillies- according to your taste( I took 1 as I was making for kids) Green beans- 1/2 cup Capcicum(you can take any color of your choice)-1/2 cup finely chopped Sweet corn-1/2 cup Kala Chana(optional)-1/3 cup boiled Cumin & Coriander powder-1 tsp Salt-per taste turmeric -1/2 tsp Corn flour/Maida- together 1 cup Bread Crumbs- 1/2 cup Oil- for shallow fry Method: 1. Take a heavy bottom pan and bring water to boil by adding very little salt to it. 2. Wash all the green leaf vegetables, take the stems off. 3. Turn off the boiling water and put all the green leaf vegetables for 1-2 minutes. 4. Drain the water and keep aside the vegetable to cool. 5. In the same add a tsp of oil and add all the other vegetables except onion. 6. Fry the vegetables for 3 to 4 minutes, turn off the flame and let them cool down with the green leaf vegetables. 7. Boil the potatoes, peel the skin off and mash the potatoes. 8. Add in all the vegetables along with onions,salt,turmeric,CC powder and mix them well. 9. Make a water consistency batter with corn flour and maida. 10. Make your desired shape with vegetable mixture in your palm dip it the corn flour, maida batter and immediately roll over in breadcrumbs. 11. Heat the pan and place all the Kababs coated with bread crumbs on the pan and put oil around them and fry for 3 minutes on each side or until you see the golden brown color. 12. Serve with ketchup or hot&sour chilli sauce. PS: Feedback from my kids is they tasted better when they are in room temperature than hot. In correct words from my darling son, " I could enjoy the taste of the kababs to the full when are not hot".

No comments:

Post a Comment